Carpet Cleaning SEO
Marketing for Carpet Cleaning Services has extended beyond the postcard found in the mailbox and decals and magnets on company vehicles. Customers are now looking online for local carpet cleaning services and are expecting to find services in many places online, including; Google’s organic search results, the Google Map Listings, and in the Google Ads space above the organic results.
Carpet cleaning SEO can be a very powerful way to get your carpet cleaning company in front of the audience who is looking for and ready to purchase your services. While the digital landscape is becoming much more competitive and constantly changing, there are several factors that determine a successful SEO campaign that will outperform your competition.
What is Carpet Cleaning SEO (Search Engine Optimization)?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and is the process of getting traffic from free, organic search results on search engines. All of the major search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo have search results, where web pages are shown and ranked based on what the search engine considers most relevant to users.
There are several factors search engines use to help determine organic rank in search engine results. Some of these factors are:
On-page carpet cleaning SEO is what the owner of a website has complete control over and search engines base ranking factors from several subgroups including, Content, Architecture, and HTML.
Off-page carpet cleaning SEO is everything that is not on the website but is directly related to the site and how it shows up in search results. Some of the subgroups of off-page SEO include Backlinks, Social Signals, Citations, Trust Factors and more.
Why Should You Use SEO for Your Carpet Cleaning Website?
SEO for your company’s website is necessary for today’s competitive landscape. SEO helps increase online visibility for people who are looking for your services. SEO is not only necessary, but it’s another tool to have in the toolbox when it comes to online marketing. Ongoing SEO helps keep your website relevant, up-to-date and most importantly, it keeps it in front of the people who are ready to buy the services you offer.
What are Search Engines Looking For?
Search engines are constantly scanning the web for keywords or otherwise known as short or long phrases that users put into search engines when conducting a search. The placement of your keywords and the topics and content you build around these keywords in your carpet cleaning website is more important than the number of times you use a keyword.
Search engines want to show the searcher the most relevant, useful content when someone searches for a particular phrase. For instance, if someone searched for “best carpet cleaner near me” you would want to show up in the top of the organic search results, but if someone searched “best steam cleaning rental” you would not want to show up for that query because you don’t offer steam cleaner rental. In order to show search engines the best results, we must build and optimize content that helps search engines decide on the best results to show for any given search query.
Unfortunately, carpet cleaning SEO isn’t this simple. Search engines take into consideration hundreds of different factors which influence results.
How are People Searching for Your Carpet Cleaning Company?
There are generally 3 types of search queries, or words and phrases that people type into a search box in order to return a list of results. The 3 types of search queries people are using to find your carpet cleaning company are:
- Navigational search queries – A search query where a user has an intent to find your carpet cleaning website. For instance, a user might type into the search bar “your companies name” to find your website rather than entering in the URL.
- Informational search queries – Search queries that cover a topic (e.g., dirty carpet, spring cleaning) for which there may be many relevant results. Often times, when someone enters in an informational search query into Google or another search engine, they are looking for information and not necessarily a specific site.
- Transactional search queries – Search queries that are often used and intended to complete a transaction such as scheduling carpet cleaning services. Transactional search queries could include an exact company name and service name or be generic like “carpet cleaning near me”, or “local carpet cleaning company”. These types of searches often infer that the searcher is considering making a purchase in the near future.
Each of these 3 types of search queries is important for your carpet cleaning website and should each have content and optimization built around them. Let me explain further…
For Navigational search queries, we want to be sure your website is indexed and properly showing up at the top of the search results when your company name is being searched for. Navigational queries have a very clear intent – the user has the exact site in mind, and if you aren’t showing up in the search results then the searcher can become confused and even worse, possibly search for a competing company.
Make sure that you own your brand’s search query. For instance, if you own ACME Carpet Cleaning Company, make sure that when that phrase or variation of that phrase is searched, your website shows up first.
Informational queries are a great way to get people searching for your services to your website by creating engaging and relevant content. This could mean creating blog posts about topics around the carpet cleaning industry and creating frequently asked question pages that help searchers find answers to their questions. Informational queries need to offer high-quality SEO content that provides helpful information to the query.
Some ways to produce content for informational search queries are:
- Blog posts with tips, tricks, strategies, and useful information.
- How-to videos – put the video on YouTube and embed the video in your blog post page.
- Detailed step-by-step guides that show how to perform a process.
- Creative infographics – these could illustrate a concept, idea, or even a process.
The goal here is to position your company as a trustworthy, authoritative source of relevant information. This content is not generally used to sell.
As mentioned before, transactional searches are usually searches where users have an intent to purchase your services. There are a couple of different methods to show up in the search results for this type of search. Those include:
- Organic results by optimizing your website and service pages.
- Pay per click (PPC) to target search terms
With both of these methods, it is important to know the queries that are most likely to deliver ROI. If people are looking for carpet cleaning in your city or service area, they most likely have an intent to hire a carpet cleaner thus, it is important to both rank for the keywords phrases around carpet cleaning and also to target those keyword phrases in your PPC campaign.
Why is it Important to Implement an Ongoing SEO Campaign for Your Carpet Cleaning Company?
There’s no doubt that carpet cleaning SEO has several benefits to your online success. In fact, nearly 93% of online activities start on a search engine. The fact is, if you aren’t running a successful, ongoing SEO campaign and your competition is, you are most likely going to lose out on business and get pushed further down the organic ranks. With that being said, there are several benefits to running an ongoing Search Engine Optimization campaign for your carpet cleaning company.
- SEO pulls in quality traffic
- SEO traffic is more likely to convert
- SEO increases leads and sales for your carpet cleaning business
- SEO can decrease your cost per acquisition
- SEO does not involve any paid advertising
- SEO provides 24/7 promotion
- SEO builds trust and credibility for your carpet cleaning company
- SEO is a long-term strategy
- SEO makes your customers more informed
- SEO influences purchasing decisions
- SEO increases your brand awareness and equity
- SEO increases customer attribution
- SEO receives 90% more clicks than PPC
- SEO can increase your website referrals
- SEO is measurable
- SEO drives offline sales
- Your competitors are using SEO to grow (Kill or be killed!)
- SEO can give smaller businesses an advantage over larger companies
- SEO will help your carpet cleaning company gain market share
- SEO will help you break into new markets (Tile & grout cleaning, Upholstery cleaning, Vent cleaning, etc)
- SEO increases the value of your business
- SEO integrates all of your online marketing activities
- SEO improves your overall marketing ROI
- SEO is the best PR strategy
- SEO will increase your social media followers
- SEO will increase your email newsletter subscribers
- SEO will increase your blog traffic
- SEO improves your website.s click-through-rate
- SEO improves your website’s time-on-site
- SEO is mobile
- SEO will help your carpet cleaning company stand out
- SEO is targeted
- SEO rankings can last forever (with ongoing SEO campaigns and when done right)
- SEO can eliminate cold calling and other traditional strategies
- SEO is affordable
What’s Next and How to Know if Your Website Needs SEO
Well…the fact is, every website needs SEO. Chances are if you are in any type of competitive market, there are other carpet cleaning companies just like yours working hard to outperform you. If you aren’t investing in an ongoing SEO strategy and campaign for your business then you’ll most likely lose…and who wants to do that when we’re working so hard to build a thriving, profitable business!
If you want to launch your carpet cleaning companies online presence and outperform your competition, fill out the form below and we’d be happy to take a look at your website and set up a free growth strategy call to help you understand how to improve your online visibility and bring more leads and paying customers into your business.
You can expect a reply back from a member of the WebRocket Digital team within 24 hours!